The Geelong Bowls Club commenced in 1955 when some members of the Geelong Lawn Tennis Club saw bowls as a new challenge in sport. Three tennis courts were transformed into a bowling green.

The Clubs original name name was Geelong Lawn Tennis Bowling Club. The bowls section separated from the tennis club in 1963 and moved into their modest clubhouse in 1965.

The clubhouse was extended in 1976. In April 1995 a new clubhouse was constructed by club members and opened in September 1995.

In 1999/2000, members of the Corio Club agreed to relocate to the Geelong Bowls Club and the Geelong Lawn Tennis Club. A number of Corio Club members joined the Geelong Bowls Club.

The Corio Club Dissolution Trust agreed to pay for the construction of the "Corio Club" synthetic green on land leased from the tennis club and to the sealing of the car park.

In 2013 the "Corio Club Green" was replaced with a new surface and our two grass greens resown.


Go to top